Thursday, January 7, 2010

Hungry-Girl, Yay! {diets}


Well, I am one happy woman, let me just say! I discovered the BEST cookbook last weekend called Hungry Girls' 200 (recipes) under 200 (calories)! I was already doing a lifestyle change for my diabetes and had recently rejoined Weight Watchers online to help me. And it was working. But I was hungry....I am definitely a Hungry Girl! I love food and always will...no supermodel anorexia for me! And I know how hard we women are on ourselves..."I'll do pictures of me when I lose 10 lbs" or "I don't like how I look in photos"...you know all the reasons we don't want to be in the portraits. And family portraits are so important. So ladies, here's a great way to jumpstart losing those pounds we all probably found over the holidays!

So I got this book and devoured it over the weekend...and went shopping on Monday. I sent my "bad" foods home with a friend on Tuesday...see how good I am being? lol Anyway, this book and author takes the stuff we really like to eat (junk food/fast food) and converts the recipes to low fat / low carb / healthy recipes.

Now I am no cook but these are easy! I made one of the breakfasts this morning (see attached image)...OMG...it was the best breakfast sandwich I have ever had! Sorry Whataburger! She has a website hungry-girl.com and if you go to youtube and goggle hungry girl you can find tv appearances etc. It's that time of year so I thought I'd pass along a great website! Enjoy!

No comments: